Bonus Cast Trivia - Dharma lady + gents
François Chau (Pierre Chang)
- He was born in Cambodia and speaks fluent French.
- He ppeared in three episodes of JAG, along with Terry O’Quinn. The one without Terry featured a hijacked Oceanic plane that almost crashes into the pacific.
- He didn’t know that Miles was Dr. Chang’s son until he read it in the script. Though he had heard the theory from fans every since Miles was introduced, he was “very surprised” that it was actually true.
- When he auditioned for Lost, it was just for a single scene in the first Dharma orientation video. He never excepted for it to turn into a bigger role.
Reiko Aylesworth (Amy Goodspeed)
- Her ancestry is 1/4 Japanese, 1/4 Welsh, and 1/2 Dutch.
- Her first name is pronounced “Ray-co,” and means “child of thankfulness.”
- She is best known for her role on 24.
Doug Hutchinson (Horace Goodspeed)
- After graduating from Julliard, he struggled to find acting work. To make ends meet, he had many odd jobs, including dressing as a Citibank card while handing out fliers in NYC.
- Other roles have included 24, I Am Sam, The Green Mile, The Burrowers, Party of Five and The Practice.
Eric Lange (Stuart Radzinsky)
- In 2008, he appeared in an episode of Criminal Minds called Tabula Rasa, also the name of a season one Lost episode.
- Recently appeared as a basketball couch on Modern Family.
Jon Gries (Roger Linus)
- Despite planning Ben’s father, he’s actually almost three years younger than Michael Emerson.
- He is also sometimes recognized from his role as Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite, or as a homeless man on Seinfeld, who refuses to return Kramer’s tupperware.
- He starred in the 2008 film Taken with Maggie Grace.
Sterling Beaumon (Young Ben)
- He is the youngest actor to ever have a recurring role on Lost.
- He started dancing and acting when he was six. He is also a trained figure skater.
- His first commercial, at age six, was for Disney Cruise Lines. He has since been in several other national commercials, including those for car manufacturers, pool products, foods and movie studios.
- He released a 9-song album, called Step Back to Reality in March 2010.
- He is a huge fan of Toy Story and has several boxes of collectibles from the films.
- He only started watching Lost after his season three appearance. He then became a “huge fan”, often checking online message boards and listening to the official podcasts. When receiving new scripts, he’d only read through the young Ben scenes, since he didn’t want to be spoiled before the episode’s airing.
- During season 5, Damon Lindelof gave Sterling three theories and told them that one would be true. They were: Locke is Ben’s brother, Charlotte is a grown-up Annie, and Miles is Pierre Chang’s son. Sterling thought that the first and third were both true.
Clancy Brown (Kelvin Inman)
- Was in the 2002 film The Laramie Project, along with Michael Emerson, Nestor Carbonell and Jeremy Davies.
- He has a long list of voice-acting credits, perhaps most notably as Mr. Krabs on SpongeBob. He also can be heard as the commercial voice for Home Depot, Gerbers, Avis Rent-a-car and Honda.
Patrick Fischler (Phil)
- He is Julia-Louise-Dreyfus’ brother-in-law; he’s married to her half-sister, actress Lauren Bowles.
- Julia only watched the show a few times, just to see him. On Jimmy Kimmel Live, she was unable to remember his character’s name, and misidentified him as one of the Others.