Cast Trivia - Josh Holloway
- He was born in California as the second of four sons. He was raised in Georgia, and still considers himself a “good ‘ol southern boy.”
- His first job involved collecting dead chickens on a farm. He was only eleven.
- He also modeled (print and runway) and did construction work for many years. While struggling to become an established actor, he earned his real estate license to “have something to fall back on.”
- He proposed to his then-girlfriend right after shooting the Lost pilot. They married in October 2004 and drove around Alaska in a RV for their honeymoon. They now have a 17-month old daughter named Java.
- His favorite musicians include the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Alice in Chains and Radiohead.
- At around 4:30am on Wednesday, October 13, 2005, Josh and his wife were robbed at gunpoint in their Hawaiian home. The robber took cash and credit cards, and fled in Josh’s Mercedes-Benz (which they later dumped several miles away). The couple was shaken but unharmed.
- His hobbies include boating, sailing, snowboarding, martial arts, motocross, fly fishing and guitar.
- He’s said that he believes the greatest invention of all time is distilled alcohol.
- His favorite foods are fried chicken and chocolate pie.
- Even while filming season six, he admitted they he still “gets butterflies” every time he steps in front of the camera.
- After years of casting directors telling him to lose his Southern accent, he went to his Lost audition trying to talk without it. But the producers saw him trying to cover it up, and told him to speak with it. They then changed the role of Sawyer to a conman from Tennessee, instead of from New York. He still tried to hide the accent during the filming of the pilot, and producers told him that his southern charm was a big factor in his casting.
- It’s a big rumor that Josh hates the long hair he must wear as Sawyer. He actually thinks it looks great, even if it’s a bit difficult to work with in windy scenes.
- He’s called staying in shape for Lost “a major challenge” since he loves food so much, and he’s “no longer 25.”
- He’s been an avid movie watcher since he was very young. His favorite film is The Shining.
"When Lost took off, part of me thought, ‘Do I cut and run?’ I still like to look around, but respectfully and with no intentions. ‘Married, not buried’, I always say. If I were single? Damn, I’d have one girl doing my laundry, one shaving me, one bringing me a cocktail and another one coming out of my tent all hung over."
(on Sawyer, during the filming of season 1) “He’s the kind of guy I would not tolerate in the real world. I don’t have any respect for people who treat other people like that. I would beat his ass in a second. I love playing someone I wouldn’t tolerate in real life. That’s not how I live, so it’s a release for me.”
"I have three brothers and they’re all into computers. They’re all intellects. My mother would pay me a quarter a page to read a book and I couldn’t make 50 cents."
(on his first reaction to being told that Sawyer would fall for Juliet) “Yeah, I mean, unless he wants to be gay, which is totally cool with me. Either way. She was one of the only girls left on the island. So what are you gonna do — go for the polar bear?”
"I’m looking to do a really different role next, more of a character who maybe even keeps his shirt on most of the time."
(on being a sex symbol) “To me, it’s comical. Most people who know me think I’m pretty goofy. Sex symbol doesn’t cross their mind. Hippie, yeah. Completely goofball. But sex symbol? Not really. My wife laughs at that.”