Cast Trivia - Malcolm
“Waaaaaaaalt!” David “my son, my boy!” Kelley
- He spent the first eleven months of his life in foster care, before being adopted.
- He’s been in several commercials, including: Cap’n Crunch, Kool Aid, Disney, Tyson’s Anytizers and Kohl’s department store.
- He’s said that his favorite Lost scene was the season 1 finale, when the raft departs.
- His favorite actor is Chris Tucker.
- During a season 1 interview, Malcolm said that he would love to be “a “monster” and “turn evil” on Lost. This turned into speculation that he might become one of The Others.
- While filming Lost, Malcolm got bored of hanging out with all of the adults in Hawaii. Though he got along extremely well with the entire cast and crew, it was hard for him not to have any peers as friends.
- He was closest with Dominic Monaghan and Harold Perrineau.
- In May 2010, an alleged burglar attempted to break into his house while he was home alone. Hearing noises, he called 9-1-1. The police had to fire shots at the suspect, but fortunately Malcolm was unharmed.
- He was born on May 12, 1992. He was already 12-years-old in 2004 when he started on Lost, and Walt was 10. In season 3, when Walt was still only age 10, Malcolm was 14. When he talks to Locke in the finale, his age difference is quite obvious - hence the nickname “taller ghost Walt.”
“I am really convinced [Walt] has those magic powers. I think he can make anything happen that he wants to. Remember with the polar bear? He brought the polar bear out of the book. I think [his abilities] are totally independent of the Island, but I think it is a place where he can really use his powers. At home he can’t really do anything with his powers, ’cause he’d be just kind of a weird kid. On the Island is where he can be free.”
(about returning to the show) “I’ve actually been thinking about this so much! I’ve been wanting to write my own episode and send it to Damon Lindelof and them. Like, I’d pitch it myself. One episode, the opening is me sitting in a chair on the phone on the Island and just talking business and stuff. I don’t know. I’ve just been reading so much into it.”