Cast Trivia - Rebecca Mader
- She was born in Cambridge and moved to Paris to work as a model at age 18. A year later, she moved to New York, and appeared in ads for L’Oreal, Colgate and Wella Hair.
- She turned down a permanent role on All My Children, though she still appeared in 17 episodes.
- When she auditioned for the role of Charlotte, the character was scripted as American. But upon meeting the actress, the casting director and producers were so impressed that they made her British.
- She has named John Locke as her favorite Lost character.
- She enjoys pilates, yoga and hiking.
- She has a twitter account.
- After the 9/11 attack, Rebecca raised money for a New York City Fire Station that lost five men. She lived only a mile away from Ground Zero.
- She has a Shih Tzu named Bella.
- Prior to appearing on Lost, Rebecca watched the first three seasons of the show in about two weeks. She watched the season 3 finale just hours before she began filming her first season 4 scene.
(about her first day on set )”I’m sitting there, and I’d just finished the show, and out comes Locke, Claire, and Hurley and their all walking towards me, on a break, and I’m like (chokes). Oh my god! I’m like, this is not happening. It was such a surreal moment. I’m like “How did I climb inside my Mac laptop?”
(on joining the Lost cast) “They were just fantastic, such an amazing group of peeps. They are so welcoming, its like I’ve been there forever. They included me and I felt a part of the team very quickly, which was really nice. They totally get my secret sense of humor and I feel free to just sort of be myself. “
(on her six season return) “What’s better than getting to come back, and have sex with Sawyer? Like what?! I must have done something really good in a past life.”