Cast Trivia - Emilie De Ravin
- As a child, she wasn’t much interested in watching cartoons. She loved Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, as well as Alfred Hitchock films.
- She has two sisters - both more than fifteen year older than her.
- After dating for four years, she married Josh Janowicz, in the summer of 2006. They split just six months later.
- During the first season of Lost, Emilie says that she was probably the least recognized member of the cast. Many fans were surprised to see that she was skinny and not pregnant.
- She had an obstetrician on set for Claire’s labor, so that the situation would feel as real as possible.
- She studied ballet since age 9 and at age 15, she was accepted into the highly selective Australian Ballet School. However, she dropped out after a year to pursue acting.
- The first album she ever bought was by The Beatles, she loved Alanis Morissette in high school and her go-to karaoke song is Pat Benatar’s “Heartbreaker.”
- Despite being on Lost, she’s never been afraid of flying.
- She has two dogs, named Bella and Mabel.
- Besides playing a pregnant character on Lost, her characters on the series Roswell and in the film Brick were also pregnant.
- Her favorite food is sushi. One of her favorite TV show is Friends.
- Her only food allergy is peanuts. She was a bit disappointed to read in the Lost script that the her character’s favorite food was peanut butter, since it is one thing she can’t eat.
- She said that she would love to explore more comedic roles, as well as star in period pieces. She loves learning about different decades, and has said that she thinks she should have been born in the mid-to-late 1940s.
- She avoided watching season 5 of Lost, because she didn’t want to know the things her character’s wouldn’t. She found filming the final season more interesting that way, even though she still heard a good deal about her missed season from the cast and crew.
“When I’m getting asked what it’s like kissing Rob (Pattinson), I’m really intrigued by what people are really looking for. I mean, do they want me to describe his mouth? [laughs] What can you say? It’s like, well, his lips part at about 2.3 millimeters. It’s funny.”
(on the wig she wore as Claire in season 6) “There probably are rats in there.”
“Honestly, I think my favorite moments were at the beginning of the series when the original cast was working together, and just sort of hanging out. This final season has been like the old days. It’s kind of nice getting back to that, if you just forget that it’s ending, which is kind of sad. But I’d much rather have it conclude while it’s still good and people are still interested, as opposed to just sort of petering out. I will miss it though.””
(on Claire’s “squirrel baby”) “I was thinking it could maybe be the new Tickle Me Elmo at Christmastime. I could make some cash off this. A Tickle Me Elmo baby with detachable arms.”
“I’ve never dyed my hair. I’d actually love to dye it black, well, not quite black but really dark brown, one day, just for a change. But I’m told it will never come back again. I think there’s definitely the stereotype of the dumb blonde, but if people buy into that they’re lame. I wish people looked to people more for their personality than looks.”