Cast Trivia - Jorge Garcia
- He was born in Nebraska, and is of Chilean and Cuban ancestry.
- He wanted to became a professional actor ever since he played the villian in a seventh grade musical.
- In high school, he was on the wrestling team and earned the nickname “Baby Face Assassin.”
- He was the first actor is officially be signed on for Lost.
- He’s a big poker fan and competed on an episode of Celebrity Poker Showdown, but lost to Michael Ian Black. He also would often host poker tournaments amongst the Lost cast and crew.
- He started doing stand-up comedy in college, and had a fairly successful career many years after.
- He’s also worked as a newsstand operator and record story cashier.
- During season 5, he was asked what one dead Lost character he would bring back to life. He answered Libby, because he really liked Hurley’s relationship with her.
- He’s had pretty much the same long, curly hairstyle since high school.
- He’s called Sawyer his favorite character.
- He had to miss his sister’s wedding to film in Hawaii.
- His favorite shows include Battlestar Galactica, The Daily Show and Ace of Cakes. It was his idea to have the Ace of Cake’s bakers make Lost its 100th episode cake.
- He has an enormous record collection.
- Like Hurley, he is a huge Star Wars fan.He also loves video games, and would often try to sneak in a quick game between scenes with Dominic Monaghan.
- While preparing to leave the airport this past May, his dog Nunu was killed after being accidentally hit by a car. She appeared on a Lost episode, as Hurley holds her in a picture that’s part of his “Everybody Loves Hugo” flash-sideways tribute.
- J.J. Abrams became interested in Jorge after seeing him on an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. He invited him to read for Sawyer, because no other male roles had much of a script yet; he was never actually being considered for that role. J.J. and the other producers were so impressed that they quickly created Hurley just for him.
- He’s a talented singer, and would frequently join other Lost cast members (including Terry, Naveen and Henry Ian) in singing during filming breaks.
- His girlfriend Beth appeared in eight episodes of Lost as a background actress. The couple also created the website/podcast series Geronimo Jacks’s Beard together.
(on the Lost theories he’s heard from fans) “My favorite was one that said the flight made it safely to L.A., but while in flight everybody on the plane was cloned. So they staged a fake crash with clones and we’re all monitoring their adventures on the island. Or something crazy like that.”
(when asked who would win in an Evie/Dom fight) “Evie’s pretty tight and fast, but Dom might fight dirty. You know, he’s a Manchester punk kid. Then again, she’s a girl. I don’t think he’d punch her. You know who would win? Whoever’s watching would win.”
(on his hopes for Hurley in the final season) “Just to make it. Be standing at the end, maybe on top of a mountain, with his fist raised in the air.”
"One lady sent me a coupon for Slim Fast along with a bunch of religious pamphlets. On another occasion, the same lady sent me dieters’ tea, but she didn’t send me the box, just a couple of bags in an envelope. Sometimes I’ll send someone a autographed picture, and then they’ll send me back a picture of themselves at their desk, with my picture sitting there, set up."
(on how the cast greets new cast members) “We make them pick up a lot of Ping-Pong balls with their butt cheeks. I mean, a lot. ‘You’re not going out with us until this room is clean!’ ”