Cast Trivia - Ken Leung
- He was born in NYC and attended New York University. He studied physical therapy there, before becoming interested in acting during his 3rd year.
- After seeing his guest appearance in an April 2007 Sopranos episode, Damon and Carlton were so impressed that they created the Miles character just for him. If Ken didn’t accept the role, they planned to completely change the character.
- During college, he was part of a traveling group of actors who used drama to teach youth about AIDS, teen pregnancy and other relevant issues.
- He is a smoker (cigarettes, not island monsters) and would often take smoke breaks with Naveen Andrews on the Lost set.
- He has said that fans are often weary of approaching him because he’s shy and his mouth naturally forms into a slight frown, even when he’s perfectly content.
- During the filming of Rush Hour, the director told Chris Trucker that Ken was a dangerous fifth-degree black belt and didn’t like African Americans (both untrue). He thought that would make their scenes seem authentic, and even asked Ken to stay in character at all times on set.
- He’s one of many Lost actors who doesn’t watch the show. He says he finds watching himself as a member of the story “confusing” and “distracting”.
(On Miles being written specifically for him) “I feel touched and unnerved. It’s magical to have a space made for you.”
(on filming Lost) “Every time I ask for help or a direction or something, that’s what the director says: ‘Do it sardonically.’ It’s become maddening. [laughs] So I’ve learned to not ask for help from this particular director anymore, because that is seriously the only direction that he has ever given me. He’s probably said this half a dozen times. More sardonic. Say it sardonically.”
"I guess I’ve always seen [Miles] as ‘not a people person.’ He’s not a social being; He’s on this island for a very specific reason. I mean he talks to fucking ghosts. And he’s not happy about that. I can’t imagine that that’s an ability that makes him joyful. And so I think that Miles is kind of isolated from the other characters, because he kind of has a foot in another world."
- Hilarious scene from Keeping The Faith
- Hurley and Miles discuss time travel
- Interview with Entertainment Weekly
- Awkwardly adorable Interview at the season 6 premiere