Cast Trivia - Zuleikha Robinson
- Her first name is pronounced Zoo-Lika. It means “beautiful one” in Farsi.
- She is of Burmese, Indian, Iranian, Scottish, and English descent.
- She was born in England and lived in San Francisco, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore - all before age thirteen.
- Her first feature was a supporting role in the unconventional feature film, Timecode. It was the first film to be shot in a single continuous take, using four separate digital cameras to follow the movements and dialogue of each actor, shooting them in continuous real time for 93 minutes - the length of one digital video cassette.
- Loved horses as a child, but then fell off one at age 9 and was trampled by it. She was terrified of riding again for 5 years.
- She was offered an unidentified role in season 4 of Lost, but was unavailable. When the role of Ilana was written, Zuleikha was offered it without needing to audition.
- Video (showing off her hot British accent)
Q: Ilana has an interesting way of “protecting” people.
ZR:Why? Because I take Sayid down and pull him on a plane? Yeah, well, definitely.
Q: We don’t even know her last name. Does she have one? Is she like Madonna?
ZR: I think she’s kind of like Madonna.
Q: When Ilana was threatening to kill Benjamin Linus, how many viewers across the country do you think were screaming at their televisions, “Do it!”?
ZR: I think that the fans are really attached to all the cast members, so for a new cast member to come in and kill an old one might be a really bad thing. I’m glad I had that little moment with him where I was able to have an understanding with him and let him go.
Q: Maybe. There are plenty of people who hate Ben…
ZR: That he’s not redeemable at all? I think he is.