Cast Trivia - Ian Somerhalder
- Began modeling at age 10, modeled for Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabanna, Gucci, Versace and Guess.
- Doesn’t like to talk about his modeling career because of the stereotypes associated with models.
- He and Dominic Monaghan share a birthday (December 8th), though Dom is two years older.
- 98.8% of female (and 76.7% of male) Tumblr users would do dirty, dirty things to him. (research conducted by the 815giggles institute on September 1st, 2010)
- If he hadn’t become an actor, he says he would have chosen a career in marine biology, writing, or advertising.
- The surname “Somerhalder” originates from his adoptive great-grandfather. His biological great-grandfather, a wealthy English landowner, got one of his mistresses pregnant and paid an immigrant worker of his to marry this woman and give the baby a name, which was Somerhalder.
- His first kiss was at a skating rink in 5th grade.
- Was the first actor cast on Lost.
- Is a self-proclaimed “clean freak” and sometimes takes as many as three showers a day.
- Was planning on buying a house in Hawaii when he found out Boone would be killed off
- (About Maggie Grace) “She’s hateable in Lost, but really she’s the sweetest, most adorable thing on the planet.”
- (On getting the call that Boone would be killed) ”Pretty devastating. Thank God I already had four glasses of really good pinot in me.”
- (On filming the death scene)” I was spacey and nauseous and a little pissed. It’s hard walking a fine line between lucid and not lucid while Matthew Fox is ramming a needle into my chest.”
Funny Video: Season 1 feature on Hearts and Minds